Xbox One Exclusive Halo 5: Guardians Gets More Info on Beta, Smart Scope, Respawns and More
Yesterday’s reveal of Halo 5: Guardians‘ multiplayer beta answered many questions, but also created more, and the developers are answering them on social media.
Franchise Development Manager Frank O’Connor mentioned a few interesting details on Neogaf: here’s a quick rundown for your perusal.
- The smart scope is mostly aesthetic. There will be different nuances per weapon, but legacy functionality will be retained across the board. Even new weapons will behave as you would expect.
- Maps are designed so that really hard ledge grabs work like crouch jump spots for good players. There are loads of easy grabs too, for regular people.
- Crouch jumping still works.
- There will be legacy control schemes.
- The respawn timer for normal deaths is five seconds.
- A lot of new elements aren’t for experienced players, but shouldn’t interfere with their play style.
- An optional classic scope/zoom will “certainly” not be available in the beta, but after feedback “who knows?”
Studio head Josh Holmes also explained on Twitter that the new competitive ranking system will be available at the launch of the beta.
For those asking, the new Halo 5 competitive skill rating system (7 tiers, including Semi-Pro and Pro) will be live in the Beta on Dec 29.
— Josh Holmes (@JoshingtonState) November 11, 2014