Xbox One Gets a Release Date and Price in Japan: Same as PS4 Without Kinect
Microsoft Japan just announced the release date and pricing of the Xbox One in the archipelago of the Rising sun. Japanese gamers will be able to enjoy Microsoft’s console on September 4th.
The Xbox One will be priced at 39,980 yen (taxes not included) without Kinect, which is the same as a PS4. The version of the console with Kinect will launch at 49,980 yen.
The following accessories will be launched at the same time:
- Xbox One Wireless Controller: 5980 yen
- Xbox One Play & Charge Kit: 2480 yen
- Xbox One voice chat headset: 2480 yen
- Xbox One Wireless Controller with Play & Charge Kit: 7480 yen
- Xbox One headset adapter Price: 2480 yen
- Xbox One stereo headset: 7980 yen
- Xbox One Kinect sensor: price undecided
Forza Motorsport 5, Kinect Sports Rivals, Dead Rising 3, and Ryse: Son of Rome are indicated as launch titles published by Microsoft Japan, while the press release names Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, and Halo 5: Guardians as games to be released at a later time.
It’ll definitely be interesting to see if Xbox One will manage to do better than its predecessor in Japan, but now we know that the battle for the rising sun will officially begin on September 4th, with both companies boasting exactly the same price point.