Xbox One Gets New Beta Update Fixing TV Stuttering and Metro Redux Issues
While Microsoft released the September software update for the Xbox One ahead of time a few days ago, looks like there was still some work to be done on it, so the house of Xbox just released a new “update to the update” to those participating to the beta preview program in order to fix a few remaining issues.
While the September update has been released to the general public, we’ve heard from some of you that you are still encountering a few issues. After investigating these reports, we’ve developed some fixes that we’d like to have you try out and give us your feedback on. These fixes are for Live TV video stuttering, as well as a fix for users encountering issues with disc-based installations of Metro Redux.
We will have a new Quest available for everyone in Preview titled “TV Video Quality,” so please take a moment to complete it as soon as you’ve updated to the latest version! Data from this Quest will help us confirm this fix works as expected for everyone, and we’ll also monitor the Preview forums and Feedback app reports. After analyzing your feedback, we’ll release an update for 1409 to the public.
- OS version released: xb_rel_1409.140829-1829
- Available: 8:30PM PDT 8/30 (4:30AM GMT 8/31)
- A fix for an issue with Live TV video stuttering while watching certain HD channels. To try out this fix, please take a moment to complete the new Special Quest “TV Video Quality”, available in the Xbox Preview Dashboard app.
- A fix to address issues with disc based installations of Metro Redux. This fix makes it so you don’t need our posted workaround if you have not yet installed the game.
- Note: If you have already installed the game, you will still need to use the workaround to get into a good state.
If you’re suffering from the issues fixed by this update, fear not. Help is on the way.