Xbox One Gets New System Software Update Improving Download Speed and More: Full Patch Notes Inside
Today Microsoft made a new system software update available to Xbox One owners, numbered 10.0.14393.2152 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610 161208-1218).
The most relevant parts of the update notes are a relevant improvement to download speeds (between 80% and 40% faster depending on your bandwidth) and a firmware update for the wireless controller.
You can read the full patch notes below.
OS version: 10.0.14393.2152 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610 161208-1218) fre
Performance and general improvements
We’ve made several optimizations to game and app downloads on Xbox One:
- Customers with high-speed connections (greater than 100Mbps) should experience up to 80% faster download speeds.
- Customers with connections less than 100Mbps should experience more consistent performance that is up to 40% faster than before.
- Additional optimizations have also made background downloads more resilient to intermittent connectivity issues.
Download speeds will be influenced by network contention within the home and at the ISP level. Download speeds will also be impacted when games are running on the console as system resources are prioritized for gameplay over background downloads. For more information, visit Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads on Xbox One.
- Firmware update to improve performance.
- General performance improvements for added reliability and consistent experiences across steaming music apps.
- General stability and performance improvements.
THis is certainly a very welcome update, especially considering that we all need to download 22.43 gigabytes for our free digital copy of Lost Odyssey.