Xbox One System Software Update Releasing This Weekend; Changelog Inside
While the Official February system software update has been released a while ago, Microsoft has continued to tweak the dashboard, releasing two follow-up updates to preview members. Today Xbox Live Director of Programming Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb announced that the fixes are reach the public across the weekend.
PSA: There is small update for Xbox One going out this weekend. No new features – just a few tweaks to existing stuff.
— Larry Hryb (@majornelson) February 14, 2015
The official system software page is pretty generic on the fixes:
- This additional update fixes a couple of minor issues some users have experienced including video playback issues with some media applications.
On the other hand, we can get the specific information from the preview forums, which have the full changelog for the updates that have been tested:
- A fix to address an issue where some videos would not play in the Comedy Central app.
- A fix to address an issue where videos would not play within the MTV app.
- A fix to address an issue in the Upload app where “Watch all” videos generates an error.
- A fix for an issue where even though your console is in Instant-on mode, it requires a full boot including green Xbox screen.
- A fix to address an issue for users who find their controller will no longer connect via a wireless connection, and only works over USB. If this has occurred to you, after taking this system update, you will be able to connect your controller via a USB cable and wait a few seconds before unplugging it. This will recover your controller and you will be able to connect wirelessly. It is expected that subsequent controller firmware updates will fail. This will be addressed in a later system update.
The update is pretty light, weighing only 251 megabytes.
As usual, it’s always nice to see how Microsoft is on the ball in updating the system software of the console. Personally, I’m quite eager to see what surprises they’ll have ready for March. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the screenshot feature.