XCOM 2 Gets More Screenshots and Artwork: Show Soldier, City, XCOM’s Base and Drop Ship
If you want to see more of the newly announced XCOM 2, you’re in luck, as hidden around in the new Official Website there were four lovely screenshots showcasing various aspects of the game.
We get to catch another glimpse on a soldier with a rather peculiar hairstyle, a shot of a map (that appears on the mod tools section of the site, so it’s possibly from the toolset), the drop shop and the interior of the base
The site also adds more detail on a few areas of the game.
- The base is now actually mobile, and it’s a large converted alien supply craft named Avenger.
- There are five soldier classes, each with its own skill tree, including new class abilities. Momentum is one of these.
- The state of the world will actually affect the environment of each mission.
- You can build and configure rooms inside the Avenger.
- Mission environments include wildlands, alien-controlled megacities and alien installations.
- Mod tools will allow you to create “your own campaign, tactical gameplay, aliens ands trategy game features” and share them via Steam Workshop.
- Competitive multiplayer will be supported with mixed squads of aliens and humans on randomly generated maps.