Today, developer Pavonis Interactive (previously known as Long War Studios) and publisher 2K announced that Long War 2 for XCOM 2, a follow up mod to the incredibly popular and extensive mod, Long War, for the previous XCOM game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown is available to download via Steam.
Long War 2 is a substantial overhaul of XCOM 2 that aims to give players the feel of running a worldwide guerrilla war against ADVENT, and offer a greater variety of strategic and tactical experiences.
New features include:
1) A much longer campaign, running for 100 to 120 missions on average
2) Infiltration mechanics that require you to send out multiple squads at once
3) Manage resistance Havens and have resistance members scrounge for supplies, gather intelligence or recruit more people to your cause
4) Nine soldier classes: Sharpshooter, Shinobi, Ranger, Assault, Gunner, Grenadier, Specialist, Technical and Psionic (plus Sparks for DLC owners), each with unique secondary weapons
5) Two new weapon tiers, lasers and coilguns
6) Dozens of new enemies and smarter battlefield AI
7) ADVENT strategic AI that tries to counter your moves
You can find more about the mod’s new mechanics in the ingame XCOM archives. Additionally, two new trailers showcasing the game’s new Technical soldier class, as well as the countless new missions were also released: you can check both of them out below: