XCOM: Enemy Within Box Art Revealed
2K Games has released the box art concept for their upcoming expansion to their highly successful science-fiction role-playing strategy game, XCOM: Enemy Unknown. This massive expansion, XCOM: Enemy Within, will introduce around 40 new maps in addition to tweaks to the gameplay, detailed on DualShockers, here:
- New Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of operatives:
- Gene Mods: Construct the Genetics Lab to physically enhance operatives’ abilities, including augmentations to the chest, brain, eyes, skin and legs.
- MECs: Build the Cybernetics Lab to enable the construction of the new Mechanized Exoskeletal Cybersuit, or MEC. The new MEC Trooper class has specialized abilities and each suit can be upgraded with new weapons including the flamethrower, grenade launcher and more.
- New Weapons and Equipment: Give operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from the engineering team in the Foundry;
- New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from a host of new enemies, including the Mechtoid;
- New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield and use it carefully back at base to unlock new research and upgrades;
- New Tactical Challenges and Maps: Face new tactical challenges, on nearly 50% more maps;
- New Multiplayer Maps, Units and Abilities: Create custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate opponents in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
XCOM: Enemy Within is being developed by Firaxis Games and will be published by 2K Games for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, and Mac in mid-November of this year. Feral Interactive is handling development and publishing of the Mac counterpart. You can check out the box art below.