Xenoblade Chronicles X’s Disc Version Will Contain Various Download Packs For Faster Loading Times
If you were planning to buy Xenoblade Chronicles X physically and feared the load times when exploring the game’s gorgeous world, then fret no more. Monolith Soft has announced that they will include a special mechanism that allows the game to load as smooth as possible, without the need for loading screens. This feature is exclusive to the disc version, as expected, because reading data from off a disc is slower than a hard drive.
In other to achieve that, in Japan, Monolith Soft and Nintendo will be making four large data packs available for download that will allow more data to be read off the Wii U’s hard drive and will allow for smooth exploration. They are the following:
- Basic Data Pack (2 GB) – Effect: Large
- A data pack containing terrain data that will allow faster loading while in the city and the game’s various fields. This data pack is required for other Data Packs to work.
- Enemy Data Pack (2.7 GB) – Effect: Medium
- Installs enemy data to the HDD, If the Basic Data Pack is also downloaded, it further speed up load times while out in the field.
- Player Data Pack (3.6 GB) – Effect: Medium
- Will install data regarding the armor and graphics of the player. If the Basic Data Pack is also downloaded, it will speed up loading in the city and when equipping changes in the shops in New Los Angeles.
- Doll Data Pack (1.7 GB) – Effect: Medium
- Will install data regarding the Doll mechs. If the Basic Data Pack is also downloaded, it will speed up read times when Dolls appear. You will get faster loading times while in the city and in the fields.
Xenoblade Chronicles X will be releasing in Japan on April 29th for the Nintendo Wii U.