Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Coming to the West March 2018; New Trailer and Premium Edition Revealed
Sega announced that their action brawler Yakuza 6: The Song of Life will arrive in the west on March 20, 2018 for PlayStation 4.
Originally announced for the west during PlayStation Experience 2016, Yakuza 6: The Song of Life is the final chapter of series’ protagonist Kazuma Kiryu’s story.
Yakuza 6 is full of drama and action as Kiryu discovers exactly how much people are willing to sacrifice for family. Evidently, he investigates a series of shadowy events that “involve the ones he holds closest to his heart”.
The publisher details further:
Kazuma Kiryu will journey to familiar grounds in Kamurocho and the new setting of Onomichi, a beautiful, sleepy port town in Hiroshima Prefecture, in order to find the answers he seeks. Powered by the brand-new Dragon Engine, the game is the ultimate iteration of Yakuza’s blend of gritty crime story, hyper-explosive combat, and all the vices and distractions those locales have to offer.
The game will be available for the suggested retail price of $59.99/CA$79.99 in the Americas, £49.99 in the United Kingdom, €59.99 in the rest of Europe, and A$89.99 in Australia.
Additionally, Sega has revealed a premium edtion for the game titled “After Hours Premium Edition”, which contains:
- Hardcover Art Book – The intense human drama and magnetic world of Yakuza 6 will be on display in this stunning art book. We’ll have more details on what will fill the pages at a later date.
- 2 Bar Glasses (280ml) – Designed with Kiryu’s ferocious dragon tattoo, these bar glasses are the perfect receptacles for your beverage of choice.
- 2 Ice Stones – Cool down your drinks with a pair of heat action branded ice stones! One features the flame heat action icon, while the other has the Japanese “kiwami” heat action icon. Chilling has never been so… extreme.
- 2 Coasters – A true yakuza knows how to relax with class, so coasters are a must have when lounging after hours. Protect table surfaces with style by placing your glasses on top of official Tojo Clan branded coasters. Plus, you won’t need to play the “is this my drink?” game because of their inverted colors!
- An Outer Box – All of these essential tools will be housed within a collectable outer box.
The “After Hours Premium Edition” will be available for the suggested retail price of $89.99/CA$119.99/£79.99/€89.99/A$129.99 in their respective regions.
There is also a launch edition for early buyers of the standard version that comes with a hardcover art book.
Also, Yakuza Kiwami, a remake of the first entry of the series, is coming to the west and will release on August 29 for PlayStation 4.
You can check out the western announcement trailer below, which shows English gameplay, as well as the premium edition screenshots: