You Can Now Add Themes to the 3DS Home Menu in New Firmware Update
Nintendo has dropped a new firmware update today for 3DS system that will allow users to install and use themes on their 3DS home menu.
Themes will let users change the look and sound of their home menu and give a personal touch on their system that has been lacking for some time. Five themes come pre-installed with the update for fans to use and several more will be available for purchase through the eShop. If that means that I can get a sweet Fire Emblem theme for my 3DS at the cost of a buck or two, I’m going to be one happy guy.
You can see the full list of changes below, which includes some new features like taking screenshots at the home menu and further stability improvements.
Main changes for version 9.0.0-20U
Update released: October 6th, 2014Advertisement
- Users can now use themes to customize the design and sounds of the HOME Menu
- Five themes are pre-installed and additional themes can be purchased from the Theme Shop
- Themes can be changed by using settings located within the HOME Menu settings
- A feature has been added that allows users to capture screenshots of their HOME Menu
- The Nintendo eShop Title Information page has been updated to provide easier access to any available videos, demos, user reviews, and other information
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience