EA have today unveiled the minimum system requirements for the upcoming Sims 4.
The hardware needed to run the game is pretty low, which is logical considering that many Sims players aren’t running the souped up computers used for other AAA titles.
- S: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
- MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Sims 4 is set for release September 2 on PC.