YouTube Reveals Most-Viewed Game Trailers of 2016; Battlefield 1 Comes Out on Top
2016 was filled with game releases big, small, and everywhere in-between, and as revealed in a new list from YouTube, the excitement surrounding this year’s released was bigger than ever with the most-viewed game trailers of the year.
YouTube provided a look at the top 10 most-viewed video game trailers for 2016, with the list highlighting the trailers that grabbed the most eyeballs in the year with reveal trailers, launch trailers, and much more. Overall, Battlefield 1 took the top spot with over 49M total views for the game’s reveal trailer, while other titles such as Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, DOOM, Watch Dogs 2, and more made their way onto the list, including a few surprises.
The list was compiled by YouTube based on total number of views, and notably the list only includes titles that were released in 2016, excluding trailers that came out this year but were for titles not releasing until 2017 or beyond, which bars some notable titles revealed this year (such as God of War and Spider-Man PS4), but won’t be released this year.
The full list of the most-viewed trailers of 2016 can be found below, along with the trailers embedded below as well:
- Battlefield 1: Reveal Trailer – 49,864,296 views
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare: Reveal Trailer – 35,930,951 views
- Clash of Clans: Hog Rider – 32,332,845 views
- Gears of War 4: Tomorrow – 17,091,816 views
- Clash of Kings: 17,080,025 views
- Overwatch: Dragons Animated Short – 14,059,394 views
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Reveal Trailer – 10,767,945 views
- FIFA 17: 10,644,036 views
- Watch Dogs 2: Reveal Trailer – 10,097,425 views
- DOOM: Cinematic Trailer – 9,651,691 views