Ys IX: Monstrum Nox Japanese Voice Cast and Three New Characters Revealed
Falcom has revealed the Japanese voice cast of Ys IX: Monstrum Nox along with details on three new characters.
The Japanese voice cast of Ys IX: Monstrum Nox has been revealed along with three new characters. You can check out the list of voice actors along with details on the three newest characters down below courtesy of Gematsu.
- Adol (voiced by Yuki Kaji)
- Dogi (voiced by Kenta Miyake)
- Hawk (voiced by Kaito Ishikawa)
- White Cat (voiced by Mikako Komatsu)
- Puppet (voiced by Aina Suzuki)
- Bull (voiced by Ayane Sakura)
- Apostate (voiced by Hiro Shimono)
- Bull – The pink-haired Monstrum. She fights using a “war hammer” combat style. She is the cheerful mood maker of the Monstrum. A character who is not only powerful but also lovely. She wields a huge war hammer, which can strike enemies in every direction. Her movement speed appears to be lacking, however. Her supernatural ability is “Valkyrie Hammer,” which utilizes her strength to destroy walls. Destructible walls are easily discernible. This ability can also be used to break the enemy’s guard.
- Puppet – The Monstrum wearing the white hat. She fights using a sweep sword and wired sickle. Whether she is puppet or Monstrum is a secret, as well as an important point. Her weapons cover a wide range and allow her to consecutively attack without leaving any openings. Her basic run movement is a roller dash, allowing her to move smoothly even on surfaces with differences in elevation. Her supernatural ability is “The Third Eye,” which allows her to see what normally cannot be seen. This can be used to see switches and treasure chests without obstruction. It can even check the above and below in areas with elevation differences. The only downside is there may be “too much to see.”
- Apostate – The Monstrum who appears at the very bottom of the new box art. While many expected him to be a woman, he is actually a man—a young adult. He wields a staff but fights using a shooting-type style. His supernatural ability is “Shadow Dive,” which lets him turn into a shadow and slip through thin crevices, hide from enemies, and the like.
Along with news of the Japanese voice cast and new characters, Falcom also announced that a limited edition is planned for the next entry in the Ys series.
Back in March, Falcom revealed the first gameplay of series protagonist Adol along with his design and age. Ys IX: Monstrum Nox takes place after Ys VII, Adol is 24-years-old, making this the oldest version of Adol yet. You can also check out some previously released screenshots of White Cat and Hawk. Just last month we also got details on Dogi.
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox is set to release on September 24 in Japan for PS4. As of right now, no western release date has been announced but we’ll definitely see the game get localized.