Pokemon GO: How to Beat Zacian - Raid Guide, Weakness, Best Counters
Niantic shocked the Pokemon GO world when they revealed that more Pokemon from Sword and Shield would be making their imminent debuts in the game.
It was confirmed that the likes of Falinks, Wooloo and Skwovet would be appearing in the AR hit, alongside the mascot Legendaries Zacian and Zamazenta, in their Hero of Many Battles form.
While most of the new Pokemon can be encountered in the wild, as you’d expect, both Zacian and Zamazenta can only be found in Five-Star Raids.
So, with that in mind, here is every Zacian weakness in Pokemon GO and every counter you’ll need to beat the sword-wielding dog.
Every Zacian Hero of Many Battles Weakness in Pokemon GO
Unlike the Crowned Sword Form of Zacian, which is a dual Fairy and Steel-type Pokemon, The Hero of Many Battles Form only has a single type, Fairy.
That leaves it with a pair of Weaknesses players should look to exploit – Poison and Steel.
Zacian Hero of Many Battles Raid Guid and Best Counters
Considering the fact that Zacian has only two weaknesses in Pokemon GO, there is still a range of really solid counters.
In the Mega category, Mega Gengar is unmatched, however, Mega Beedrill can provide another strong Poison-type counter.
Following that, the next type of Pokemon you’ll want to consider is Steel. The best counters here include Metagross, Dialga, Genesect, Jirachi and Excadrill.
Then, in terms of Poison-type attackers, you’ll want Gengar and/or Roserade.
The best movesets for the above Pokemon are below:
- Mega Gengar – Lick/Sludge Bomb
- Mega Beedrill – Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Metagross – Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash
- Dialga – Metal Claw/Iron Head
- Genesect – Metal Claw/Magnet Bomb
- Jirachi – Charge Beam/Doom Desire
- Excadrill – Metal Claw/Iron Head
- Gengar – Lick/Sludge Bomb
- Roserade – Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
While ultimately, those are the best Pokemon, there are some other budget counters which can be very effective. Check those out below:
- Aggron (Yes, really) – Iron Tail/Heavy Slam
- Empoleon – Metal Claw/Flash Cannon
- Durant – Metal Claw/Iron Head
- Scizor – Bullet Punch/Iron Head
- Vileplume – Acid/Sludge Bomb
- Skuntank – Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Magnezone – Spark/Flash Cannon
- Lucario – Bullet Punch/Flash Cannon
- Machamp – Bullet Punch/Heavy Slam
It’s recommended, just to be sure, you have a minimum of four trainers with high level Pokemon to take on Zacian.